We have a tradition of big family breakfasts on Sunday mornings. It’s my favorite meal, though I worry about all the eggs, sausages and potatoes. Any helpful ideas?
There are plenty of healthy alternatives to please everyone. Consider these:
- Serve a variety of cold cereals with low-fat milk and sliced bananas.
- Try nut butters like almond or peanut on whole-wheat toast or bagels.
- Make smoothies with low-fat yogurt blended with favorite frozen fruits such as blueberries. Add a hint of citrus for pizzazz.
- Wrap leftover veggies, salsa and low-fat shredded cheese in whole-wheat tortillas.
- Top fresh fruit with low-fat yogurt and crispy whole-grain cereals.
- Scramble eggs – two whites for each yolk – then combine with veggies and stuff into pita bread.